Friday, June 14, 2013

Gordon the gopher

The other week I was tidying one of my shelves and a white pile of dust landed on my head and with it was this:
He used to appear on Going Live and Children's BBC with Philip Schofield and his significance to me was I bought him as a hand puppet in Elvaston Country Park, Derbyshire in the English East Midlands together with some other outfits.
I was with with my family and I came skipping across the fields  jumping up and down with Gordon all excited in this public place with lots and lots of groan ups! Can you believe it!!! I even carried him back all the way on the bus cos I couldn't bear to be removed from him and oddly enough nobody said anything.
I think this would of been the first  time I'd acted as an adult little girl publicly although at the time I don't know it!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful little puppet but a more wonderful story about your first day with Gordon the Gopher!

    ReplyDelete