Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Full steam ahead II

It's all change this week with our snow going by Saturday evening leaving only a few reminders of where the snowmen once stood proud, a few bits of ice where it hadn't quite thawed and flooded fields.
Did you have a train set when you was younger as I didn't not that bothered at the time as they didn't do much for me although my brothers did starting with a plastic diesel locomotive and carriage set complete with track, signals and points. I think, cos it's a long long time ago the colour scheme was mainly a royal blue with white detail and the track was red. I think the size thing (Gage?) was 00 and they had it across the front room running playing at being engine driver and rail station controller while I tripped up over it. One had a smaller o gage set made from aluminum later on mounted a small wooden board.
Anyways, this big super train will be coming near me in the future:
It's the High speed train that does up to 225 miles per hour meaning in theory at least it'll take 68 minutes to travel from Manchester to London and the track will be eating chunks of this part of Cheshire too as well as leading a point where join it from Crewe to get to and from other places.
I wouldn't mind having a model of that these days or even taking a few trips on it although I hope the improve the other services from our area as travelling knocks the stuffing out of me with having to catch buses before I get to a suitable rail station.
Sometimes I think in Britain you paid a price for being the first to get railways by getting stuck with slow Victorian system that misses out on where modern travel requirements are.


No comments:

Post a Comment