Saturday, November 10, 2012

A word from the Big Girl to the one within

A recent dialogue between my adult (BG) and Little (LG) sides

BG: Hello there my friend
LG: Oh Hi. How are you you today?
BG: Oh I'm okay, just keeping an eye out for you  now. And you?
LG: I'm good. Actually I haven't felt better for many a year since I've been allowed out earlier in the year thank you
BG: That's good. I was worried about how you'd cope after all that time cooped up but you surprised me.
LG: I did??? You trusts me now?
BG: Hey, little girl I trust you. You've got brains and spirit it's just you had taken that long rest and I thought you'd be out of practise that's all.
LG: I think I learn a few things from you.
BG: Aww that's really sweet of you. Have you done anything different recently?
LG: I've been reading story books a lot. You learn heaps from books.
BG: That's true. I hear some of these books are similar to those I remember.
LG: I think so. I liked the school stories by Enid Blyton a lot and that Storytime book with the picture of the girl with a candy-striped dress walking her dog plus a boy on the cover.
BG: That's not so surprising is it as you're a schoolgirl after all and they're about your World.
Tell me who leads in that picture on the front of the other book?
LG: The boy with his book. I like that.
BG: That's interesting. You are his equal but you know what? Boys can use their extra strength to keep girls like you safe. If he were real would you like that?
LG: Yes I would.
BG: Good girl. Boys, unlike what your unkind sisters say can be kind, gentle people who'll look after you. It's called chivalry.
LG: I see.
BG: Have I told you I like how you look in your uniform?
LG: No.
BG: Then I will say it suits you perfectly, especially as I know you're 'all regulation' now and I also like your play clothes. You deserve a MERIT badge for how you've handled being out.

LG: Thank you ( * Hugs BG)
BG: It's good for you not to have to think too much about what to wear so you can just learn and go out and play without worrying about tearing dresses.
LG: I play now.
BG: I know and I want you to play as much as you can even if you get a bit dirty cos play is important for you. I think it helped you a lot this year.
LG: Aww after letting me play you wants me to do it more.
BG: That's right little girl. Thanks for talking with me and remember you're out now for good. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment