Monday, December 6, 2004

Beatles Capitol Albums [Pre-blog]


Released this with week some fanfare is this set of the first four Capitol albums originally issued in 1964 in a tall box with the discs in one end of a  tray with a generic essay booklet in the other with colour photographs.
Meet The Beatles is With The Beatles for Americans featuring All My Loving, I Wanna Be Your Man and I Want To Hold Your Hand plus A Want To Hold Your Hand single with its US and UK b sides.
Second Album features the only instance of Thank You Girl in stereo and exclusive US stereo mixes of I Call Your Name and Long Tall Sally, the left over tracks of the UK With The Beatles  album plus the b side of Can't Buy Me Love, You Can't Do That plus the She Loves You single and b side.
Something New features many of the songs from the UK album A Hard Day's Night but for contractual reasons at the time does not include A Hard Day's Night and Can't Buy Me Love that can be found in stereo on the 1962-1966 (Red) compilation.
Beatles '65 can be regarded in many ways as the Beatles For Sale album for North Americans taking in I'm A Loser, Honey Don't, I'll Follow The Sun and the I Feel Fine 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment